“…the best of American design, performance and freedom, with an unmistakable personality that appeals…”Erich Merkle, Ford sales analyst
“The world is falling in love with Mustang,” says Erich Merkle, Ford sales analyst. “Mustang represents the best of American design, performance and freedom, with an unmistakable personality that appeals – regardless of your post code.”
Of the nearly 126,000 vehicles registered worldwide, 65% or 81,866 cars we sold in the United States. The remaining 35% were purchased in the rest of the world. Since global exports began in 2015, Ford has sold 418,000 Mustangs around the world as of December 2017.
Demand remains particularly strong in Canada and China. Canadians bought 8,348 Mustangs in 2017, a 9% increase over 2016. The Mustang was the best-selling sports coupe in China last year with 7,125 cars sold.
While sports cars have traditionally skewed toward male buyers in the United States, Mustang is becoming more popular with female buyers with a 10 percent gain in women buying Mustang’s in the last five years.